Thursday 10 November 2011

Front Cover

                                       


For the front cover of the digipack, I decided to use one of the photographs that I took during the photoshot. I used this image as the front cover, as I felt that it really showed the artist in a more natural form compared to the 'Alice in Wonderland' shot for the inlay. The importance for a front cover is to allow the artist to be protrayed in a way that is going to show throughout their music, attitude and the way they dress.

Orignally I took the image, so that half her face was shown rather than the cropped version, that is seen now as the album. I decided to use half her face as I felt that it really focused upon the artist and the features, like the eyes and lips. However, once I had taken all the photos and chose which one was best to use for the album, I then cropped the image to fit the size of a digipack. This meant that I had to crop half Amelia's face to fit the image on to the album. However, after cropping the photo, I preferred the final image to use for the front cover. This is due to the fact that the focus is upon her eyes.

I editied the photograph into black and white to show the purity and elegance of the artist. For this image, I felt that the front cover should portray the artist in a very natural way, so that the audience could take their own perceptions of the artist. Another reason why I decided to edit the image into black and white due to the font that is used.

To keep all the products the same, I have kept the font the same to link everything together. The name of the album is based upon the song title and the artist name, I have kept the same as the actual artist. Overall, I feel that the front cover for the album gives the righrt connotations of the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment