Thursday 10 November 2011

Potential Inlay

Whilest taking all the photographs for our digipack, I decided upon different shots that would give different connotations and impressions of the upcoming artist. The reason why I decided upon this, is I felt that the video that we filmed did not give enough information as an artist to the audience, therefore I expressed it throughout the digipack.

Rihanna's digipack inspired me with this photoshot as I felt that all the right compositions and connations was shown through this image. I asked amelia to wear a big knitted cardigan with knee high socks to show sex appeal but yet a sense of belonging, due to the cardigan. The image is quite girly due to the clothing and the posture of Amelia. The purity of the cardigan, being white, contrasting agasint the black knee high socks shows the different sides of the artist.

The sightlines of Amelia is directed at the camera however with a slight angle. I feel that this provides a direct connection between the artist and the audience. The arm resting on the far knee shows that she is open. The photograph is taken at the back seat of my car, due to the leather seats and a sense of the surroundings being 'cosy.' However, due to the pick of background, it does give off other connotations of sex appeal.

During the editing stage, I needed to crop the overall image to make it into the correct size to produce a digipack. However, I had problems with this as it cropped the image in a way that I felt didn't look right. To make the photograph appear more intresting, I used yellow tints along with the black and white. However, I felt that this image does not provide the right connotations that I felt the artist needed. With this in mind, I decided to leave this image out of the digipack as it would only lower the standards of ther overall album and other photos.  






No comments:

Post a Comment