Friday 28 October 2011

Similar Genre Style Research

When planning our own music video, I took into consideration all aspects that could be essential to make it appear more like it was made for a specific genre rather than a mix. Therefore, I took all the important elements and compared them with similar existing products. However, for styling, I could not compare the music video with any others, due to the fact that it was purely narrative, therefore the actors and actress were wearing costumes. 


I then thought, that I could take an artist that I feel has the right style for the artist that our group is creating, and base the style around her. This then lead me onto Eliza Doolittle. The reason why I chose her is that I feel her style embraces a larger range of audience. She is fun and bright but also has the up to date fashion available. Therefore, the bright colours attract a younger age group where as the updated fashion captures the older audience. 


Therefore, the artist that we are creating, I felt should have the same elements as Eliza Doolittle, with the range of different audience members and the sense of fun bought into the music videos. However, the song that we chose and the video that we are creating contradicts the sense of fun and the bright colours. The reason why I still stuck with the original idea, is that i feel, the artist should have a range of different styles of music but one specific style to represent themselves. 


The music video that i based the artist that I created was Eliza Doolittle - Skinny Genes



No comments:

Post a Comment