Monday 3 October 2011

Audience Research Results

After writing the questions for the Interview, I asked various people, both male and female, that would answer my questions. I then asked the people if they wouldn't mind being filmed while I interviewed them, however the people I asked didnt feel comfortable enough.

Jessica Quinn - Indie Fan
18

1) What clothes do you wear?
I tend to follow the trends of many female indie artists. I tend to wear many dresses with cropped jackets with ankle boots. Although when the weather changes I swap the dresses with tight skinny jeans or leggings. This is what most of my wardrobe is filled with, although I do have many pieces of clothing that I just throw together depending on what mood I wake up in.

2) Do you follow indie artist's style?
Yes, I would say I do. I Love looking through magazines and following the latest trends in what my favourite artists wear.

3) Do you see indie artists as an icon/Role model
Hmm, I guess I do. Many indie artists follow in what they believe really, like in what they wear and the songs they sing. Each artist is individual and all different. I see them as a role model with how they follow in what they believe in, which sets the trends. For the fashion and clothing, it’s more of an icon for me.

4) What key aspects attract you to indie music?
I love the individuality that each artist has and with the connection to their music. There is such a variation in the artist’s music.

5) Do you go to gigs on a regular basis?
I go to gigs, but I am not so sure if I would say a regular basis

6) When was the last gig you went to?
About two weeks ago?

7) In indie music videos, what do you expect to see? And why?
I expect to see many shots of the artist, especially if they are solo. I feel that indie music has a connection to their audience. The clothing that they wear is important in a music video, as many viewers that are a fan of the music follow their favourite artist’s fashion.

8) Do you expect different things from different indie artists?
I suppose I do. There are different types of indie genres, so I guess for each genre the audience expect different things.
From this information that I gathered, I saw a trend in Laurens answers with the fact that she follows the trends of fashion, so this could be taken in mind when thinking of ideas for the filming of a music video.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment